Please Quote Reference B05884
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market one of south-east London’s most chic and stylish independent kitchen tableware/housewares/cafe businesses to the open market.
The stunning multi-purpose store has undergone a £100,000 total investment, allowing any new owner the ability to walk straight in and enjoy many of the unique offerings not available in any other similar sized operation.
The cafe opened its doors in 2018 and due to the other business interests of our clients, who can’t commit the time to run the business hands on have reluctantly decided to sell to allow the business to succeed to the next level.
- Our clients' background for marketing and brand development is clear to see in all areas of the cafe, their strong Italian heritage is a main focus which makes the cafe stand out. The ‘Positive’ place is full of discoveries, where good Italian Coffee meets Technology, Fashion meets Art and Italian Deli, designer Tableware meets Jewellery.
The main focus now is on the mutli-pupose use of the space for high end home Tableware/Houseware whilst mixing with the exciting coffee culture add on purchases such as their home brand coffee, marmalades & conserves.
The multi purpose cafe space, currently offers the following -
- Mac Kenzie-Child’s range of niche crockery including exclusive handmade dinnerware, home furnishings and seasonal decor (available in store to purchase or via the App for home delivery)
- Alessi Homeware
- Own brand coffee, jams & marmalades
- Illy coffee, teas, juices, cold drinks and seasonal specialities to enjoy inside or takeaway
- Array of Italian treats to purchase to enjoy at home including coffee, TP nuts and chocolates, seasonal items and gifts
- Range of Artwork, Accessories including socks, hats and scarfs
- TP range of exclusive jewellery using 925 Sterling Silver
Our clients have also added Deliveroo to enable the fresh food and coffee ranges to be enjoyed at the office or home.
Key Selling Points -
- Voted 2019 travellers choice no.1 destination worldwide on TripAdvisor with a 5 star rating
- 5/5 rated Groupon reviews
- Excellent business App, Website, Facebook and Instagram pages
- Potential to Franchise and open new sites
- Opportunity to increase the homeware & more exclusive brands
- Potential to open later and develop the wine bar side of the business
A full business handover will be offered
Think Positive Fashion Store/Cafe occupies a much sought after trading position along Elm Park in Brixton, London.
The business sits along a small parade of community focused shops within a desirable residential area on the outskirts of Brixton’s main shopping High Street, Brixton Hill and Tulsa Hill.
Brixton is a lively, multicultural area with a down to earth vibe attracting an electric mix of families, young professionals and artists. Brixton Market has undergone a recent transformation to make the area more accessible for both commuters and families, it is known for its choice of street food, vintage clothing and accessories that reflect the area’s strong Caribbean roots. In the evening, casual eateries serve a choice of global fare with cel rated bars and love music venues.
Elm Park School is just 2 mins walk from the cafe.
The main outside space is nearby Brockwell Park, just 5 mins walk away.
Nearest mainline stations are Herne Hill and Brixton, the nearest underground station is Brixton itself.
The business benefits from parking directly outside as well metered parking bays in the neighbouring streets.
Ground Floor -
- Retail/ Sitting area - large fixed retail shelving unit to the left of the shop, industrial metal stools, low level white high gloss table and chairs, large window space with display boxes and products, corner display unit.
- Service area - bespoke fixed counter, ‘Victoria Andurio’ 2 x arm coffee machine and Illy coffee grinder, dishwasher, ice machine, undercounter fridge and freezer, prep sink, Illy iced coffee machine, storage shelving and wall display shelving.
- 1 x large and 1 x small white high gloss tables with chairs
- 2 x display cabinets
- Large changing room (curtained off from main space)
- Wall mounted plasma TV
- Customer/Staff toilet
- Store cupboard
- Wide pavement space which includes 2 x tables and chairs
- Box hedging planters, 2 x electric lamps
- 2 x parasols
We are advised the business is being sold as a Leasehold with 4 years remaining on a renewable 5 year lease paying just £9,600 per year.
The business also benefits from full small business relief resulting in 0 rates being paid in the current year.
The business is currently being run to suit our clients on reduced trading hours -
MONDAY TO SATURDAY - 8am - 3pm
SUNDAY - closed
The business is currently being run by our clients only.
The business operates on part time hours with a yearly turnover achieved of around £52,000.
Please Quote Reference B05884