This business was founded by the current owner in 2015. The business has gained a fantastic reputation over the past four years and has many regular clients, all of whom are known on a first name basis by the owner who is a popular and well-respected member of the local community.
The mission is to improve the well-being of the clients, using a variety of techniques tailored to the needs of every individual, aiming to help clients in need of physical relief from chronic pain and physical or emotional trauma as well as providing for clients who may wish to simply increase their vitality and well-being. The serene atmosphere is popular with the clients as the business takes in regular and repeat custom, proven by the loyal client base.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly due to the owner’s other business interests and a desire to pursue a change of direction. She is keen to see her beloved business pass to an ambitious new owner who can take it to the next level.
The business offers a comprehensive range of services including:
- Sports Massage.
- Medical Acupuncture.
REASON FOR SALE.
Having set up and run the business for the past four years, the owner is wanting pursue a career within a different field. As an established business, with a fantastic reputation, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual with an interest in the sports massage and wellness industry to acquire a highly profitable and simple-to-run business.
This would be an exciting and profitable business for a similarly qualified.
Professional (Massage Therapist, Sports Therapist, Physiotherapist etc., ) to take on and develop further. Working as a sole-trader she has worked hard to build a reputable business that offers a consistent high-quality experience for her clients, with consistent 5* reviews reflecting this.
WHO WOULD IT SUIT?
- A newly qualified therapist – either sports therapist, massage therapist or physiotherapist or similar.
- An established manual therapist looking to develop their client base and business scope in the East Sussex area.
- An individual who is yet to train, but has an interest in becoming a sports massage therapist and is wanting to train and take over an existing ready-made turnkey business.
Having the benefits of a sustainable ready-made turnover and the potential to grow the business to new heights, this a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
A manual therapy (sports massage, physiotherapy, sports therapy etc., ) qualification would be required. Although previous experience would be beneficial, the business is process-driven and a generous hand-over period is offered so this would not be essential. This type of work can easily be fitted around other commitments, such as other work, or a family, and the diary controlled by the buyer – to work as much or as little as he / she desires.
The owner of the business is willing to offer a generous transition period of six months - to get the new owner really up and running with the business and answer any questions that come up along the way.
The business currently offers three services, priced as follows:
30 minutes - £30.60 minutes - £50
• SPORTS MASSAGE.
• MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE.
The business is currently located on a busy high street position, which benefits from a high footfall throughout the year. The modern reception area is at the front of the premises, which acts as a waiting area for clients. Above the reception are two treatment rooms. The WC with fitted wash hand basin is within the premises. Parking can be located directly outside the premises, on the street or in a nearby car park.
The treatment room was newly redecorated in September 2018 with neutral tones. Should the buyer wish to continue to use the current premises, he/she will have exclusive use of the current room with 24/7 access. The use of the room is free of any leasehold, so there is no requirement the buyer of the business continues to use the space. Wi-fi is also included.
- Wood effect flooring,
- Wall mounted mirror,
- Hydraulic Massage table,
- LED lighting,
- Window blind,
- Sink with hot and cold running water,
- Central heating,
- Cupboard storage.
A 50:50 split of sports people and non-sports people, therefore this business may suit a deep tissue massage therapist / clinical massage therapist as well as someone specialising in sports massage / therapy. Clients travel up to an hour to visit the current owner, so the geographical reach is significant.
• Launch – Year one (November 2015 – April 2016) – Turnover – £4500.00
• Year one (April 2016 – April 2017) – Turnover - £9332.00
• Year two (April 2017 – April 2018) – Turnover - £12,560.00
• Year three (April 2018 – April 2019) – Turnover – £18,757.00
• Year four (April 2019 – April 2020) – Predicted Turnover - £21,000.00
***Please note – Throughout the time the owner has been running this business, she has also been working on other businesses. She has always only worked part-time as a sports massage therapist, so there is plenty of scope for someone with more time who wants to develop it further.
Due to the nature of the business, the overhead costs are minimal. The only regular outgoings are for treatment room rental - charged at £10 per hour or £30 per ½ day (4 hours) or £60 per day (8 hours).
Should the buyer wish to continue to work from current treatment room, then they will have exclusive use, and the sale includes all the towels and furniture. There is no contract or tie-in agreement with the treatment room – rent is paid monthly, and dependent on use.
The business has to date received 100.5* reviews on Facebook. The business has been in profit since launching in November 2015, for and boasts a loyal consistent client base. The business has received 100.5* reviews on Facebook and is the #1 sports massage therapist in a Google Search within the town it is based. Upon handover, the business will continue to trade and produce turnover from day one.
There is huge untapped potential for the business to further develop including:
- Advertising and marketing. As the current owner is fully booked for sports massage clients, she is not currently pro-actively advertising and marketing the business beyond which appointments are available. There is significant scope to advertise further – e.g., attending events (e.g., marathons and triathlons) to develop the client base further. In addition, the new owner could advertise locally such as in the ‘The Little Black Book’, Gumtree, yell.comor within Facebook groups. Furthermore, linking up with local running, swimming or triathlon clubs would be a great way to gain new clients.
- Extended opening hours. As the owner is also running two other businesses, she has limited availability to offer sports massage. She regularly has to turn away business, suggesting with a new owner looking to grow the business that there is plenty of scope for development.
- Introduce a wider range of treatments. Should the new owner have additional or alternative skills to offer, this would benefit the current client base and add to the USP’s of the business, thus developing it further.
- Website. The new owner could set up a website to further market their services. Domain names are included in the sale.
- Online Booking. An online-booking system would add value further.
- Social Media Expansion. - Maximise the use of social media, and expand the reach by starting accounts on Instagram and Twitter.
Website page. – Currently featured on a website, with enquiries forwarded to an inbox.
Facebook. - An organically grown audience of 570 people, with posts regularly reaching 2300 people.
Email database. – 150 current clients, who receive monthly emails with available appointments using MailChimp.
ASSETS INCLUDED IN THE SALE:
• Full and sole control of the website and Facebook pages.
• Full and sole control of the domain names in order to set up a website (assistance can be given with this by the seller if required).
• Training / transition period on the business if desired.
• Ownership of the logo.
• Full and sole control of the client email database – including a ‘Mail Chimp’ account.
• Full and sole control of the landline telephone number (which can be redirected to any mobile phone).
• Full and sole control of the email account.
• Full client notes from the past four years of trading.
• Full Massage equipment, plus a selection of decorative items suitable for the treatment room.
RUNNING THE BUSINESS.
Day to day duties of running include:
• Sports massage treatments.
• Pro-active marketing through email / social media.
• Booking clients in for treatments.
• Emailing clients follow-up exercises / rehab.
REASONS TO BUY.
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers.
- Perfect trading position in busy and affluent market town.
- All furniture and equipment included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity.
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates.
Early viewing is advised to avoid disappointment. This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
- Prime Location
- Free of Tie Leasehold
- Small Business
- Town Centre location
- Attractive Business
- Unique Business
- Close to Local Amenities
- Established Business