The Railway runs for 1 mile between Eastoke and Beachlands.
It runs along an area of outstanding natural beauty with amazing views of the Solent and the Isle of Wight.
This lifestyle opportunity was established by the Owner’s in 1988. The business is owned by a husband and wife team and they are selling because they are looking to re-coup their investment to travel.
It offers a unique ride on Hayling Island with lovely views of The Solent. It has excellent reviews on TripAdvisor https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g190785-d5535337-Reviews-Hayling_Seaside_Railway-Hayling_Island_Hampshire_England.html
There are numerous other YouTube Videos of the service:
The business advertises its service in local newspapers and via the local Tourist Information Centre.
The unique selling points of the business are:
- Fabulous views of The Solent and Isle of Wight
- A lifestyle business entertaining customers on holiday.
- Business operated by an enthusiastic group of volunteers, who are committed to providing an enjoyable experience for both adults and children.
- Well-presented railway with substantial assets
- Unique, one off opportunity for enthusiast.
The sales strategy moving forward is:
- Event days organised for September 2019
- Santa Specials to operate November and December 2019
The business is operated by the Owner and his wife and local volunteers.
What are the major strengths of the business?
- Railway promoted as a good family day out.
- Very well-known business amongst the railway fraternity nationwide
- Strong links with the community by partaking in local charities and organising charity days.
- Attracts a loyal volunteer following
What opportunities are there for the business?
- Possibility to extend the line to the Ferry Boat Inn creating a possible link with Eastney Ferry
- Operating more frequent services and possibly some twilight services.
- Increase in social media presence
This business would ideally suit a railway enthusiast.
The business is operational every weekend and Wednesdays throughout the year, and daily during Hampshire school holidays.
The annual turnover has hovered between £55,000 - £60,000 with a profit of around £20,000. The assets are valued at around £220,000 including cash in bank, rolling stock, the building at Eastoke Corner and all tracks and points.
.The business is freehold, with a 7 year lease, recently renewed, which covers the ground along which the railway runs. This lease is with Havant Borough Council and will automatically be renewed every 7 years. The rental is £4,400 p.a. All buildings, track and rolling stock belong to the owners.
Price: £59,995 plus Assets
These details do not constitute part of an offer or contract. The statements and descriptions given are made without warranties by Enthuse Transformations Ltd (Trading as ETS Corporate). The information contained herein has not been verified by Enthuse Transformations Ltd; complaints regarding the accuracy of the information contained herein will not be acknowledged. Purchasers should in all cases undertake financial due diligence using their own professional advisors before committing themselves in contract rather than relying on illustrations, figures and information given on behalf of the seller. Furthermore, any representations made by any representative of Enthuse Transformations Ltd regarding this business are subject to verification and should be independently corroborated.