- Popular Free House with 2 Bar areas
- located in sought after Somerset village
- Well-presented throughout
- Separate Function Room/ Skittle Alley
- Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
- Excellent local reputation for traditional Pub food
- 2 bedroom owners living accommodation
- Good size customer car park
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this well-presented Public House which occupies a prime trading position in the centre of this sought-after Somerset Village. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2006 during which time they have made considerable improvements and refurbishments to the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the owners wish to move abroad.
During our client’s stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, good food and great service.
This extremely well presented turnkey Public House prides itself as being the heart of the local community and is well supported with several Skittles and Darts teams. It also offers Newspapers for sale and customers collect them on a daily basis. This thriving business is mainly operated as a wet led Public House with a simple food menu which is cooked to order. It is considered the premises are suitable for all types of cuisine
The business is run by our clients with help from casual staff and generates a turnover in the region of £90,000 per year with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by possibly extending the food offering to include breakfasts.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well-maintained freehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position in the centre of the south after village of Fivehead which is near Taunton in Somerset.
The premises have been well maintained and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation. Planning permission has been granted to build a shop alongside the Public House, but this has now lapsed.
The premises briefly comprise:
- Main Bar with approximately 24 covers. Bar severery with several pints of dispense
- Lounge Bar with approximately 28 covers. Second Bar severery with several pints of dispense
- Function room/ Skittle Alley which can accommodate around 80 people
- Commercial Catering Kitchen with extraction containing an array of well-maintained Stainless Steel equipment
- Ladies Toilets
- Gents Toilets
- Toilet with facilities for disabled customers
First Floor private owners’ accommodation
- Lounge area
- Double bedroom
- Double bedroom
- Beer garden with seating for approximately 20 people
- Rear yard
- 3 Storage Sheds
- Smoking Shelter
- Customer Car Park
The Crown Inn is open from 7.00am (8.00am on Sundays) for the sale of Newspapers. It is fully open:
- Mid-day –2.00pm then 6.00pm -11.00pm Monday to Thursday
- Mid-day –2.00pm then 6.00pm-Midnight Friday’s
- Mid-day –2.00pm then 6.00pm -11.00pm Saturday
- Mid-day –3.00pm then 7.00pm -11.00pm Sunday
- £90,000 Per year
- Wet 70% Food30% Newspapers £15,000 per year
Business rates payable: Nil
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
The business stock value is: £9,000
The business is run by the proprietor with help from casual staff who work on an agreed rota basis.
Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices, 114/116 High Street Honiton Ex14 1JP on 01404 758081
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thankyou
Fivehead is a delightful village with two churches and village hall. It has a population of just over 600 people. The nearby and larger village of Curry Rivel (4 miles) contains a petrol station with convenience store. The small town of Langport offers a more comprehensive range of facilities. Taunton the County town is 10 miles distance with a wider range of shopping, scholastic and recreational facilities, including three noted public schools, a major hospital and Somerset College. Taunton enjoys excellent communication links with a main line rail link and access to the M5 at junction 25 and the A303. The cities of Exeter and Bristol are both within an hour drive hosting international airports.
- Established Business
- With Accommodation
- Accounts Available