- Specialist Bakers located in popular West Country market town
- Supplies to Wholesale Trade & direct to Customers
- Well-presented throughout
- Valuable inventory of well-maintained catering equipment
- Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
- Excellent reputation
- Good trading location on a modern industrial estate
- Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
- Good mix of complementary businesses nearby
- Ideal acquisition for a likeminded business
- SALSA Accredited
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this well presented Specialist Wholesale Bakers. It has been under the proud ownership of our client since 2003 during which time they have made considerable investment and improvements to reflect how the business has grown over the years. It is now being offered for sale as the owner wishes to retire. During our client’s stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its gorgeous bakery products that include Pasties, Pies, Sausage Rolls, Quiches and Cakes.
The business enjoys an excellent trading position on a growing modern industrial estate in Honiton Devon. The good-sized triple unit is used as the production base where the bakery products are handcrafted. They are then supplied to a variety of prestigious companies, often on a wholesale basis.
Our clients run the business with help from a dedicated team of approximately 10 members of staff. It generates a turnover in the region of £487,000 per year with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover possibly by running a modest marketing campaign or by expanding the range of products offered or by extending working hours.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended.
Substantial and well maintained Leasehold building, benefiting from plenty of car parking situated in an area that contains an excellent mix of complimentary independent owned businesses as well as numerous national companies.
The premises have been well maintained and are fitted and presented to extremely high trade specifications throughout. They provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation.
The premises briefly comprise:
- Goods In
- Packing Room
- Staff Rest Room area
- Trolley Store
- Packing Room 2 with walk in freezer & Flo Wrapper Packing Machine
- Commercial Catering Kitchen with Extraction
- Changing Room
- Car Park
- 7.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- £487,000 Per year
Business rates payable: £7730
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
The business stock value is: Approximately £20,000
The business is run by the proprietor with help from a dedicated team of staff who work on an agreed rota basis.
Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
- The business is held on a 3 year lease of which 2.5 years remain. We are advised that the Landlord will grant a new lease to suitable applicants. The current rent payable is £ 20,400 per year.
Each Party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
Strictly by appointment with the vendor’s agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01404 758081
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thankyou
- Attractive Business
- High Turnover
- Accounts Available