- Long Established Art & Bespoke Picture Framing Shop
- 900 years on lease – rent fixed at £100 per year
- Stocks a wide range of art & craft materials
- Well-presented throughout
- Located in sought after Dorset town
- Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
- Excellent local reputation for first class service
- Desirable town centre trading position
- Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
- Good mix of complementary businesses nearby
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this popular Art and Bespoke Picture Framing business which occupies a prime trading position on one of the main trading streets in the town centre of this sought after Dorset town. Scenes of Gillingham has been serving the local area since the 1980’s and is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the owner wishes to retire.
During our client’s stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, friendly service and fantastic selection of art and craft materials.
This turnkey retail business enjoys a highly visible trading position on the high street in this sort after bustling town. There is ample customer parking. Shoppers are attracted to the area by the range of independent and multiple owned businesses on offer. This rarely available opportunity has established itself as the area’s premier independent art shop along with being the place to go for quality bespoke picture framing.
Scenes Of Gillingham enjoys an all year-round trade with sales in the region of £80,000 and with excellent gross profit margins. Profits are enhanced by the fact that the rent payable on the premises is only £100 per year! There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover and profits by possibly running a modest marketing campaign or offering online sales.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial leasehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position on the High Street in Gillingham which is in Dorset.
The premises are fitted and well presented to create highly functional internal business accommodation.
The premises briefly comprise:
- Main sales area containing quality fixtures and fittings displaying a wide range of art and craft materials
- Second sales area displaying a wide selection of prints and original pictures
- Framing workshop
- 9.00am – 1.00pm then 2.00pm – 5.30pm Monday Saturday
- Closed Sunday and Bank Holidays
Business rates payable: TBC
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
The business stock value is: approximately £65,000
The business is run by the proprietor with help from one member of staff who works on a casual basis as required
Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
- The business is offered for sale on a leasehold basis. The Lease is for a period of 999 years with 969 years remaining. Rent payable is £100 per year.
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices, 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01404 758081
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thank you
Gillingham is the fastest growing town in North Dorset and has a population of around 12,000 people. It has a wide range of approximately 70 shops including both Waitrose and Lidl. There is a direct train service to London Waterloo which takes about two hours and there are also superb road links with the A303 lying just four miles to the north. The area is renowned for its excellent schools which include a superb mixed comprehensive and sixth form in Gillingham.
Other larger towns including Yeovil, Sherborne and Salisbury are all within easy driving distance.
- Accounts Available
- Retirement Sale
- Established Business