- Superb 10-bedroom Guest House – all rooms en-suite.
- Consistently high levels of turnover and profitability
- Separate owners accommodation
- A prime position in thriving South West city with all year-round trade
- Well-appointed guest facilities
- Long established reputation and regular guest base
- Lots of further potential
- Extensive inventory of quality fixtures and fittings included
- Turnkey business
- Wonderful lifestyle opportunity
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this established 10 bedroom Guest House (all with en-suite facilities) which is located in the centre of Plymouth close to the Hoe as well as the many excellent local restaurants, bars and attractions which are just a stroll away. It is being offered for sale as the owner wishes to retire.
Operating from impressive extremely well presented premises of real charm and character, this exceptionally successful and profitable hotel generates a turnover of over £70,000. The room rates vary from £33 per night to £90 per night. A high percentage of guests staying are repeat bookings.
Ashgrove House represents an excellent opportunity to purchase a thriving privately run Guest House with scope to further increase trade possibly by running a modest marketing campaign, in order to improve upon the already impressive levels of turnover is achieving in the hands of the current proprietors.
The business has built up an excellent reputation and enjoys a high level of repeat bookings due to its central location and friendly welcoming atmosphere.
A well-maintained premises occupying a prominent highly visible position. Ashgrove House offers 10 tastefully designed and furnished bedrooms that include a mix of singles, doubles (or twin) and family rooms. All rooms have modern facilities and there are spacious public areas. There is also a good size one-bedroom owner’s apartment with private kitchen etc. The premises have been sympathetically converted, modernised and extended over the years creating an exceptional standard of business accommodation.
The accommodation briefly comprises:
- Entrance porch
- Reception hallway with guest book
- Guest lounge
- Breakfast room with seating for 18
- W/C with hand wash basin
- Laundry room
- Kitchen with double sink drainer, 8 burner gas hob/oven , extraction unit, range of eye level and base units
- Master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and corner bath en-suite
- Kitchen with 4 burner gas hob/oven and back door to court yard
- Room 1 Double with shower en-suite
- Room 2 Family room with shower en-suite
- Room 3 Double room with shower en-suite
- Room 4 Twin with shower en-suite
- Hot water tank cupboard
- Linen stores
- Room 5 Family room with shower en-suite
- Room 6 Single room with shower en-suite
- Room 7 Family room with shower en-suite
- Room 8 Family room with shower en-suite
- Room 9 Family room with shower en-suite
- Room 10 Double with shower en-suite
- Rear courtyard garden with stairs leading down to basement courtyard
- Boiler room
Current turnover in excess of 70,000 per annum, with good profits and scope to increase.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
The business is run by the proprietors with help from a part time member of staff
Business Rates and Council Tax
We are advised that the business rates payable currently are: TBC
The business is open all year
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction. This may not include the landlord’s costs.
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices, 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01297 598080
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thankyou
The waterfront city of Plymouth is set in one of the finest locations in the country, it stands right on the border between Devon and Cornwall overlooking the spectacular waters of Plymouth Sound to the south, while the remote beauty of Dartmoor National Park nudges its margins to the north. Plymouth city centre has a pedestrianised shopping centre with its undercover shopping centre. It has a large modern multi-screen cinema complex and the well known Theatre Royal, The Barbican offers a more cosmopolitan atmosphere being Plymouth city’s oldest quarter. The area overlooks a pretty harbour and includes a variety of small independent shops, a number of wine bars, restaurants and cafes with open air seating. Plymouth is easily accessed via the M5 motorway which joins the A38 at Junction 31. The city can also be reached via rail, and the National Express coach network.
- Established Business
- With Accommodation
- Accounts Available