Café in king street, Portuguese cafe, in the city centre!
it has three floors, with a kitchen and a toilet on the last floor, LOCATION
Wolverhampton is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands with a population of approximately 250,000.
Wolverhampton is near to several motorways with four being located within 7 miles of the city centre and served by the M5, M6, M54 and M6 Toll. Wolverhampton Train Station is today one of the major stations on the West Coast Mainline and has regular rail services to London Euston, Birmingham New Street and Manchester Piccadilly as well as most other major cities in the U.K.
The business is perfectly situated in the main shopping area of the city alongside other complimentary retail businesses and benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
There is on-street parking nearby as well as some inexpensive public car parks. The business is nicely presented and well signed.
Portuguese coffee shop s was founded in 2016 by the current owner when he spotted a gap in the market and is only being sold albeit reluctantly so that the owner can pursue other business interests.
The business sells savoury and sweet pastries, home-made Portuguese cakes and a wide range of coffees, teas and soft drinks.
The business has a Facebook page and benefits from great reviews and visibility online. The business has an A3 licence.
Scope to Improve
1. Extend the opening hours perhaps opening as a bistro in the evenings
2. Website with online menus etc
3. Consider Just Eat and Hungry House online offerings
4. Advertising and marketing campaign
5. Maximise the use of social media
6. Improve the exterior signage perhaps by illuminating (subject to normal planning permissions)
7. Develop the outside catering side of the business.
8. Introduce a loyalty card/scheme.
9. The current owner is keen to see the business passed on to an ambitious new owner who can take it to the next level.
PREMISES & EQUIPMENT
The business is situated in a lovely period property and occupies the group.
Windows and glazed door to the front creating a light, airy and inviting interior, generously proportioned with the high ceilings making the premises feel even more spacious. Wood effect flooring, coving to ceiling, many original period details, bespoke lighting enhanced by spotlighting with glass fronted drinks chiller.
Specially commissioned wall graphics, quality tables and chairs currently providing 42 covers but room for more if required, feature timber menu boards and bespoke timber counter fronting a well-equipped open kitchen.
We have advised leasehold with four years of the original 5-year term remaining.
The rent is a reasonable £12,000 per annum, and we are further advised that the landlord would be happy to negotiate a lease with a new owner.
There are no business rates currently payable.
Tuesday to Saturday 8.00am to 6pm
The business owner managed with the help of a part-time member of staff and casuals as required.
REASONS TO BUY
1. A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
2. A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, the current owner has been running at a pace to suit
3. Ideal owner managed or husband and wife business
4. Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business
5. Everything included in sale making this a real business
6. Priced to sell, the business values at a higher price but has been priced to facilitate a quick sale.
7. Needs to be viewed to appreciate the opportunity this lovely little business represents.
- Price Reduced
- High Turnover
- Attractive Business
- Close to Local Amenities
- Town Centre location
- Small Business
- Unique Business
- Potential for Alternative Use