SOLD / WITHDRAWN
6404 / Rightbiz
- Busy Trading Location
- Accounts Available 05/04/2018
- Annual Turnover £105,443
- Gross Profit £66,902
- Accounts Available After Viewing
- 180 Apartments Above / High Footfall
- Huge Potential In Deliveries
- Customer Seating For Around 55
- Free Parking To Side of Business
- Scope To Introduce Website, Ordering Service & Extend Opening Hours
- Licensed Until 1am/Could Develop Private Hire Side
- 5* Food Hygiene
- Could Suit A Variety Of Cuisines
- EPC - B
REF 6404 – Leasehold Licenced Cafe Bar & Bistro
Blacks Business Brokers are pleased to bring to the market this leasehold licensed cafe bar & bistro with accommodation located in a busy and much sought after area of Salford, Greater Manchester.
Matchsticks Cafe Bar and Bistro has been trading on Broughton Lane since 2011. Our client established Matchsticks to meet local demand for a business of this nature in this area. The business has a large base of regular customers from the local area and is positioned directly below a large number of residential flats. Our client has secured a strong online and social media presence, with almost 800 Facebook followers and 650 Instagram followers and the business has earned an excellent reputation with a number of excellent online reviews noted on Trip Advisor, Google and Facebook. The business has a 5* hygiene rating in place. Matchsticks Cafe Bar and Bistro also caters for private parties and events during the evenings – this is for birthdays, baby showers and so on – these have become very popular, but this area could be developed further.
The business is positioned in a busy area of Broughton close to a large residential community. The area is currently under development with around 400 apartments being built close by. Broughton is well linked by the A56 and A576 with excellent public transport links and easy access to Manchester city centre. Parking is available immediately outside the shop for customer use and there is one car park space included in the business lease.
REASON FOR SALE
The business would be ideally suited to a hands-on owner-operator but will soon be operated by staff only due to the demands of our client's other business interests. Therefore, the business is offered for sale and presents an excellent opportunity for a new owner-operator or team to take the business to the next level.
The building is available on a competitive rent on a Full Repair and Insure lease (FRI lease). This is the most common form of commercial property lease. The current lease is ten years and began in 2011 at a cost of £230 per week plus VAT.
BUILDING LAYOUT AND DESIGN
Matchsticks Cafe Bar and Bistro operates from the ground floor of a large, four storey property with flats above and a number of other complementary businesses within the parade. The business is very well presented with large signage displayed above a fully glazed frontage. Inside, the main café is presented beautifully, offering seating for around 55 on free standing tables and chairs. The space has been thoughtfully finished to a very high standard. The kitchen is positioned to the rear and is fully equipped with grill, five-hob range, fryer, commercial fridges and freezers and stainless steel worktops. There are also two customer toilets (one with disables access) and a store room.
The business is currently operating with five members of staff in employment supporting our client working on a full time basis.
Matchsticks Cafe Bar and Bistro has traded solidly during since opening. We are advised that the business currently has annual turnover of £156,000 and a gross profit figure of approximately £109,200. Dine in customers generate around 60% of takings with the other 40% generated from takeaways. Full financial details are available upon viewing.
This leasehold business is well established with a superb reputation and has a large, repeat customer base. There is plenty of scope to develop the business further with the introduction of longer opening hours and Sunday opening, a new online presence with ordering system and a delivery service. The premises could suit a variety of cuisines. This proposition would ideally suit an owner operating team who could push the business forward and build upon the solid and impressive trading foundations. Early viewings are strongly advised.
Fixtures & Fittings:
5 hob range
Commercial double fridge
William Under counter fridge
Stainless steel worktops
Under counter display fridge
Mon - Wed - 8am - 3pmThur & Fri - 8am - 6pmSat - 9am - 6pmSun - Closed
£230 Per Week + VAT. Weekly Rent:
£230 Per Week + VAT.
Leasehold Price: £59,995
Location: Salford, Manchester
Sector: Restaurants, Bars
Annual Turnover: £105,443
Impressionsi: Upgrade to view
Viewsi: Upgrade to view
Enquiriesi: Upgrade to view
Interestedi: Upgrade to view
Watchingi: Upgrade to view
Date Ad Submitted: Upgrade to view
Last Viewedi: Upgrade to view
Last Updatedi: Upgrade to view
Last Enquiry Received: Upgrade to view