Viva Access Ltd.
Disability Access Consultants.
Deliver training and consultancy services to wide range of housing, health and social care
organisations. Specialise in accessible housing for older and disabled people.
Ref.No : BFS2951
Company name : Viva Access Ltd
Asking Price : Offers Invited
Company Location : 40 Compton Road Brighton,East Sussex,England,UK
Post Code : BN1 5AN
Premises : Relocatable
Website Address : www.viva-access.com
About the Company
Viva Access Ltd specialises in the field access and inclusive design - in particular (though not exclusively) that of accessible housing.
It provides training and consultancy to occupational therapy services, housing associations, home improvement agencies and other organisations throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland.
It has more than fifteen years’ experience devising and delivering housing design and adaptation courses and a very well established reputation in this field. Viva Access trainers and consultants are chosen from a range of backgrounds, including surveying, occupational therapy, architecture, access consultancy, and environmental health.
Previous Viva Access clients include:
OT services throughout the UK such as:
- Brighton & Hove
- Redcar and Cleveland
- London Boroughs such as Newham, Richmond, Merton, Wandsworth & Camden
Baron Homes Corporation Limited
David Bonnett Associates (Access Consultancy services)
National Housing Federation
OT services in the Republic of Ireland
Greater London Authority (GLA)
Centre for Accessible Environments
UNIQUE SELLING POINTS
Viva Access has a number of USPs that may be of interest, including:
- Very easy for buyer to take over and run company – established systems, trainers and courses in place.
- Company consistently profitable - for over 10 years.
- Company has clients throughout UK and R of Ireland.
- Wide range of clients - including: local authorities, health organisations, housing organisations, private companies, private individuals and range of charities and trusts.
- More than 40% repeat clients (within the past 7 years).
- Company has Access Consultancy service - 1 primary client but has never marketed so could be expanded easily. Access Consultancy has high profit margins.
- Company has initiated and is developing online training - in progress and has already developed online course for Greater London Authority and has delivered series of webinars.
- Company has large mailing list and this is very clean i.e. comprises solely people or organisations who have enquired about or booked onto training courses.
- Owner willing to stay on if needed in varying capacities - open to negotiation.
- Good online systems in place, incuding cloud accounting system, event management system, email marketing programme, online survey programme, cloud storage and back-up etc.
- Good website in place, including online booking and payment system.
- Company has very well established reputation and profile within occupational therapy / housing field.
- Company has up and running team of trainers who are (a) experienced in training (b) continuing practitioners and (c) some of whom are specialists in their field and (d) spread out through UK.
- All trainers freelance so no employment obligations.
- Company has up and running portfolio of more than 10 training courses.
- Company provides both in-service training and pubic courses. Has excellent central London venue that it uses for public courses.
- Company has low overheads and can be managed easily from home - thereby saving on overhead costs.
- There is potential for marketing to and increasing target audiences, particularly Occupational therapy services and housing and health organisations.
- There is potential for increasing profit margins (through reducing costs). Buyer could include Viva Access within its existing company systems and thereby save on costs for web hosting, cloud accounting, event management, email marketing administrator support, advertising etc - as no need to duplicate these.
Viva Access operates primarily within the public sector field and the bulk of its clients are local authorities, social housing organisations, community health trusts & foundations, and individuals from health and social care professions.
There is very little competition in terms of the types of training courses Viva Access provides - in fact to the best of the owner s knowledge there are no competing organisations within the UK providing these types of courses.
In terms of its consultancy services (Access Consultancy and Occupational Therapy) there are many organisations and individuals providing similar services - but the demand for these services nationally is in any case high and increasing. Due to pressures of time, the owner has not developed these income streams beyond a small number of clients and they have potential for expansion.
There are a number of areas into which Viva Access could expand, as listed below:
New audiences and marketing
Although Viva Access has a reasonably large client base (for its training courses), there is room to expand on this considerably - in particular to target greater numbers of community occupational therapy services, Home Improvement Agencies, Care and Repair Agencies, Social Landlords (Housing Associations & Trusts), Environmental Health or Protection Officers and specialist suppliers such as those for accessible bathrooms, kitchens, lifts, ramps etc. There are also increasing numbers of housing professionals moving from public to private sector (self employed) and also hospital occupational therapists (OTs) who are being asked to carry out housing adaptation work within the community - and these are both markets that could be targetted.
Courses - there are a range of training courses that Viva Access could develop and for which the owner believes there is potential demand, particularly in the field of dementia, trusted assessor, childrens disability, hospital OT intervention and private OT intervention.
Online training (Viva Access has already begun this process but there is considerable room for development) - to include webinars, screencasts, live streaming of training events, pre-recorded courses.
Shop: there is potential to develop and/or sell products such as Specification Sheets, Access Workbook, metric tape measures, scale rules and some drawing software.
Mentoring: this is an area that, due to pressures of time, the owner has not developed to its potential. In particular mentoring for occupational therapy staff and/or managers.
Access Consultancy: the company has one major client, for whom it has delivered access consultancy services, primarily within the London region. The owner believes there is considerable potential to expand access consultancy services beyond this particular client and also to many other parts of the country. The bulk of the current consultancy work is carried out on computer (reviewing schemes for their accessibility i.e. assessing computerised architectural drawings against national access regulations) and clients therefore can originate from any parts of the UK and Ireland.
Occupational Therapy (OT) Assessments:there is increasing demand nationally for OT assessments and case work relating to the design and adaptation of housing for older and disabled people. The owner has carried out this work previously on a small scale (locally) but it is an income stream that could be increased considerably and the buyer could potentially develop a pool of therapists to deliver adaptation assessments/services throughout the UK. There is increasing work available in relation to compensation cases and also in relation to private older individuals wishing to future proof their housing in relation to ageing and/or ill health.
Support & Training
The owner is willing to stay on with the company if the buyer wishes. This would be open to negotiation and could be simply a short term arrangement in order to facilitate transition / handover, or a more longer term arrangement to assist with administration, developing services etc (remote working primarily with some face-to-face time if needed).
Reason for Sale
Owner moving abroad.
The owner lives in East Sussex and administers the company from home.
Viva Access does not employ people directly. It contains two Directors i.e. the owner (shareholder and company manager) and partner (non-shareholder and finance administrator). All trainers and consultants are freelance and invoice the company on a commission by commission basis.
- Offers Invited
- Prime Location
- Potential for Alternative Use
- Unique Business
- Company for Sale
- Established Business
- Home Based