Publishing Fine Art Greeting Cards of our most admired and loved, horses and dogs from leading contemporary British equine and canine artists. At present their are twelve artists on board with over 100 images.
An ecommerce store/ website through Shopify and over 50 retailers throughout the UK.
100 images of aproximately 15,000 stock cards, 1500 envelopes, 1500 cello bags, storage racking, 350 A5 plastic storage boxes, 200 packaging boxes of various sizes, 3 portfolios, 1 carry case.
Built up as an interest and only part time so no figures disclosed.
A business that can be run from home and is ready to step in to and build on.
Must be sold soon.
Would welcome any enquiries.
Bellow are answers to questions that have been asked.
1) If I have large numbers printed they are Litho printed and smaller quantities are Digital. I usually have 200 printed of each image.
2) Depending on quantities anything from £0.14 to £0.18 per card. Envelopes are £0.05 and Cello bag is £0.03 all Plus VAT.
3) All my cards are one size, that said I was changing the size by a 3mm and 5mm smaller as the printers I use say this was more cost affective, I am not happy with the new size so am changing printers to The Imaging Centre, take a look at their website as they are the main printers for the greeting card industry. Their are 17 images of the new size.
4) without counting between 15000 and 19000 stock cards. I have 200 cards of each image printed I store them in A5 plastic boxes, 50 number in each box, with 50 cello rapped with envelope ready to go.
5) Stock has always been in the best environment.
6) I made the artists contract with six months notice to terminate giving time to sell off stock, fortunately this has never arisen.
7) The artist can licence to others though this is not generally done. Their was an artist that licence to myself and another publisher by mistake and I withdrew two images.
8) The artist always supply a high res file for printing and I remove all signatures.
9) All images are in finishes artwork PDF format (image/barcode/artists blurb/ECA info) ready for print. Images are also in Dropbox.
10) Yes the domain and website are included. I built the website with Shopify which costs £230.00 per year approximately and well worth it as you can talk to someone 24/7 and I rate them very highly. The Domain and Hosting costs £50.00 per year.
11) Some retailers have mentioned having a catalog which they could order from and that is something I would do if I were to carry on. Included in the sale is three portfolios, case, packaging boxes, 400 A5 storage boxes and racking, all templates for Invoices, Artists Card Sales, etc.
1) I charge retailers £0.97 per card and p&p is free. Approximately 96 cards cost £3.95 second class signed for.
2) Their is no minimum order.
3) All retailers are a firm sale with a PDF invoice only! allowing 30 days credit.
4) All retailers have placed repeat orders and some I supply regularly, that said of recent I have been unable to call round to retailers.
1) Yes the 10% Royalty payment to the artist is based on the actual selling price and postage and packing does not enter in to it.
- Owner Financed
- Established Business
- Home Based
- Attractive Business
- Small Business