This busy guesthouse in West Sussex is now for sale due to the current owners desire to retire. Trading successfully all year round and operating as a lifestyle business the opportunity for growth is phenomenal. Ideally suited to a husband and wife team with a catering background to make the most of a fully functioning kitchen with restaurant potential. The business already operates successfully as a guesthouse with function room providing a comfortable space for birthday parties, weddings and wakes. The restaurant and bar could easily be changed to an upmarket restaurant and bar operating on a daily basis. The area is in need of a good quality restaurant of this nature.
The guesthouse functions well all year round enjoying high year on year growth. Reviews on trip-advisor and Booking.com are high and rewards the business with high levels of occupancy and returning clients. Visit England have awarded us a 4 star rating with Silver Award.
• Bar, The cosy bar is very comfortable and a popular area for guests to gather after a day sightseeing, our licence allows us to serve alcohol 24hours a day as long as users are either staying or eating at the venue. An experienced operator would be able to make far better use of this area. Seating for 20 and room for standing around the bar.
• Function Room / Restaurant, Offering seating for up to 30 this room is ideal for an operator with catering background to open a quality restaurant. The area has little in the way of competition for fine dining. The extremely well presented patio area offers further seating (weather permitting) for 8-10 people.
• Kitchen, is fully equipped for any desired usage. Currently only used for breakfast and buffet functions with occasional 2 or 3 course pre-booked meal. The opportunities for growth are huge, it just needs the right person to exploit it.
• The Bedrooms, 8 en-suite rooms including twin rooms, double rooms and one family room sleeping four or five people. This area of the business already operates very well and there is no reason why it should not continue. The rooms are advertised on all of the major websites, we are predicting an average occupancy rate for the year of 85%. Reviews on all of the websites are very positive (9.1 Superb on Booking.com).
• The Business, operating all year round this business is very successful. We work very well with other guesthouses in the area sending business to each other when we cannot accommodate a guest. We are ideally located for the major events of Bognor Regis and Goodwood allowing increased prices during these dates.
• The competition, as already stated relationships between other local guesthouses and ourselves is very good. If anything the area is in need of more guesthouses or hotels. Not enough accommodation in the area ensures that our rooms are generally full.
- With Car Park
- Fully Fitted
- With Accommodation
- Attractive Business
- Accounts Available
- High Turnover
- Established Business
- Close to Local Amenities
- Central Position in Affluent Village