Aspire ( Business and Company Sales Specialists ) are delighted to offer for sale this thriving and highly regarded freehold restaurant and country pub business within the picturesque village of Newton-in-Furness, Cumbria. The business occupies substantial three storey premises with the benefit of spacious 5 bedroom living accommodation, within extensive grounds and enjoying stunning views over the local countryside. The premises have an attractive wide frontage with scope for external tables and ample free car parking facilities. It is ideally located within the centre of the village providing a high daily footfall and plenty of passing trade. It is close to the local primary school and only a 10 minute drive either to Barrow or to the market town of Ulverston. There is a strong all year round economy in the area due to the submarine ship-building in Barrow and is also a haven for visitors and tourists all year round - being an ideal base from which to explore the southern Lake District. The village is only 5 minutes drive from Dalton and is easily accessible to the main A590 linking Barrow to Junction 36 of the M6 Motorway.
The Village Inn dates back to 1860 and has established an enviable reputation throughout the area for the quality of its food. The ground floor has dining area for up to 70 covers and the benefit of a large and well-equipped commercial kitchen. Currently the business has an annual turnover of £204,000 per year. There remains infinite scope to increase the turnover further if desired, as the business is operated at a reduced pace to suit the owners and does not open during the day or offer lunch-time food. This is a particularly desirable business opportunity as the property has unusually spacious 5 bedroom living accommodation. To the rear of the property, above the commercial kitchen is a reinforced single storey roof which could also offer scope for an elevated decking area or alternatively additional storeys/ potential letting room space subject to the appropriate permissions.
The 3 storey freehold premise briefly comprise of….
- Lobby / Porch.
- Open Plan Bar Area, tables and chairs for 40 covers, wide central bar servery with 9 taps, feature real fireplace, feature exposed wooden beams.
- Side Dining Areas with tables for up to 30 covers, wall mounted TV.
- Side Coffee Bar, hand sink, various chillers, EPOS system, glass washer, single drainer sink.
- Gents WC.
- Ladies WC.
- Commercial Kitchen, very spacious, tiled walls and flooring throughout, stainless steel preparation tables and worktops, 6 burner range and ovens, 2 x hot plates, 3 x microwaves, 4 pot bain marie, 3 x single fryers, 2 x convection ovens, stainless steel air extraction.
- Open Plan Preparation Area, tiled flooring, 3 x chest freezers, double commercial sink, hand sink, single fryer, commercial dishwasher, worktops, fridge, freezer, fridge / freezer, toaster, microwave, central storage unit, chipper, rumbler, pie topper.
- Walk-in Freezer / Cold Room.
- Side Exit Door to alley.
- Internal door to rear of bar allowing access to private stairway in addition to separate front door for accommodation.
External Front – room for picnic tables / benches, ample free car parking, additional piece of land opposite premises also included in sale - offering variety of further uses.
External Rear - large garden, stunning views, various storage sheds.
All windows double gazed gas central heating installed.
Side Entrance to Self-Contained 5 bedroom Living Accommodation.
- Stairway to First Floor.
- Kitchen and Dining Area, fitted wall and base units, fire escape access.
- Lounge with feature multi-fuel burner, 2 x feature windows.
- Double Bedroom or office room or dining room.
-Stairway to Second Floor.
- Landing, fire escape access.
- Family Bathroom, bath with shower above, WC, basin, airing cupboard,
- 4 x Double Bedrooms.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase such a thriving, well supported and spacious country pub / restaurant in such an ideal trading location, offering infinite potential to develop turnover further. Early discussions with Aspire, in confidence, must come highly recommended. Reference1877. Telephone 01257 440544. www.aspirebusinesses.co.uk